Newsletter Feedback

This forum is for ideas being thrown out there with not solid plan. ("I'd really like to see a Moe Day" or "I would like to meet at Mitsuwa sometime" - notice how there is no mention of a date or time.) Tell us what you think! Give feedback on various aspects of JAPC or report an issue with the website or forums.
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
User avatar
Jenn
Black Belt
Black Belt
Posts:3304
Joined:April 5th, 2008, 1:08 pm
Real Name:Jenn G
Location:Albany Park, Chicago, IL
Contact:
Newsletter Feedback

Post by Jenn » September 1st, 2010, 1:53 pm

If you have any questions, suggestions or comments on the monthly newsletter, please leave them here.

Please make sure that you have the following email addresses added to your safe or approved recipient or senders list in your email client so that messages from the group to not get filtered as spam:

japcforums@kisekinohana.net
japc@kisekinohana.net



Thank you!
-- Jenn --
:blackmage: Black Mage of Stabbity Death & JAPC Founder, Owner, President, Publisher and resident Yōkai.
kisekinohana.net - My Anime List - Tumblr
Probably the oldest member of the ST☆RISH fanclub.
Despite what you may think, or how girly they look, yes they ARE GUYS.

User avatar
mordion
Black Belt
Black Belt
Posts:535
Joined:May 29th, 2008, 5:04 pm
Real Name:Mordion
Location:Logan Square
Contact:

Re: Newsletter Feedback

Post by mordion » October 4th, 2010, 12:51 pm

I think the newsletter looks great! i did get it twice though.
--Mordion

User avatar
Jenn
Black Belt
Black Belt
Posts:3304
Joined:April 5th, 2008, 1:08 pm
Real Name:Jenn G
Location:Albany Park, Chicago, IL
Contact:

Re: Newsletter Feedback

Post by Jenn » October 4th, 2010, 2:50 pm

mordion wrote:I think the newsletter looks great! i did get it twice though.
yeah, i'm really sorry about that! I got four copies of it. I guess Google groups or my outlook is goofy.

Again, I apologize, and I hope this does not happen in November. :sweatdropgrin:
-- Jenn --
:blackmage: Black Mage of Stabbity Death & JAPC Founder, Owner, President, Publisher and resident Yōkai.
kisekinohana.net - My Anime List - Tumblr
Probably the oldest member of the ST☆RISH fanclub.
Despite what you may think, or how girly they look, yes they ARE GUYS.

User avatar
Doomimus
Green Belt
Green Belt
Posts:109
Joined:October 5th, 2010, 3:11 pm
Real Name:Janet
Location:Gurnee, IL
Contact:

Re: Newsletter Feedback

Post by Doomimus » January 7th, 2012, 11:14 am

From 2011 Survey Feedback Response:
Doomimus wrote: Regarding more activity in the forums, maybe move Forum Topic highlights higher in the newsletter? Just me two cents.
"A film as rich as a sauce béarnaise, as refreshing as a raspberry sorbet, and a lot less predictable than the damn food metaphors and adjectives all us critics will churn out to describe it."
-David Ansen on "Ratatouille"

User avatar
Jenn
Black Belt
Black Belt
Posts:3304
Joined:April 5th, 2008, 1:08 pm
Real Name:Jenn G
Location:Albany Park, Chicago, IL
Contact:

Re: Newsletter Feedback

Post by Jenn » January 7th, 2012, 10:28 pm

Doomimus wrote:From 2011 Survey Feedback Response:
Doomimus wrote: Regarding more activity in the forums, maybe move Forum Topic highlights higher in the newsletter? Just me two cents.
I was worried that moving the topics too high would just turn people off to the newsletter, and they would skip important stuff.

Where would be a good place to move it too?
-- Jenn --
:blackmage: Black Mage of Stabbity Death & JAPC Founder, Owner, President, Publisher and resident Yōkai.
kisekinohana.net - My Anime List - Tumblr
Probably the oldest member of the ST☆RISH fanclub.
Despite what you may think, or how girly they look, yes they ARE GUYS.

User avatar
Doomimus
Green Belt
Green Belt
Posts:109
Joined:October 5th, 2010, 3:11 pm
Real Name:Janet
Location:Gurnee, IL
Contact:

Re: Newsletter Feedback

Post by Doomimus » January 8th, 2012, 12:02 pm

seigaku wrote:
Doomimus wrote:From 2011 Survey Feedback Response:
Doomimus wrote: Regarding more activity in the forums, maybe move Forum Topic highlights higher in the newsletter? Just me two cents.
I was worried that moving the topics too high would just turn people off to the newsletter, and they would skip important stuff.

Where would be a good place to move it too?
Maybe right before This Month in Japan?
"A film as rich as a sauce béarnaise, as refreshing as a raspberry sorbet, and a lot less predictable than the damn food metaphors and adjectives all us critics will churn out to describe it."
-David Ansen on "Ratatouille"

User avatar
Jenn
Black Belt
Black Belt
Posts:3304
Joined:April 5th, 2008, 1:08 pm
Real Name:Jenn G
Location:Albany Park, Chicago, IL
Contact:

Re: Newsletter Feedback

Post by Jenn » January 8th, 2012, 3:12 pm

Doomimus wrote:
seigaku wrote:
Doomimus wrote:From 2011 Survey Feedback Response:
Doomimus wrote: Regarding more activity in the forums, maybe move Forum Topic highlights higher in the newsletter? Just me two cents.
I was worried that moving the topics too high would just turn people off to the newsletter, and they would skip important stuff.

Where would be a good place to move it too?
Maybe right before This Month in Japan?

Thanks for the suggestion. :yay: I'll give it a shot next month!
I tried to do something like that for January(providing you all got that newsletter) not sure how it worked out for everyone...
-- Jenn --
:blackmage: Black Mage of Stabbity Death & JAPC Founder, Owner, President, Publisher and resident Yōkai.
kisekinohana.net - My Anime List - Tumblr
Probably the oldest member of the ST☆RISH fanclub.
Despite what you may think, or how girly they look, yes they ARE GUYS.

BakriClovenhoof
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Newsletter Feedback

Post by BakriClovenhoof » September 1st, 2013, 3:10 pm

Your newsletter looks good I like the way it is set up. Aside from that tho I am sorry to hear about your new obligations and Inability to devote the time you'd like to your club. I can tell that this organization means a lot to you. I understand tho about not having the time to do the things you'd rather be doing as I too am going thru that.. Working a lousy job for minimum wage :( but on the upside I am starting school soon for animation.... Which will take up even more of my precious little time ^~*!! But in a good way... Anyways if there is anything I can do to help, please let me know I will do what I am able to.

User avatar
Jenn
Black Belt
Black Belt
Posts:3304
Joined:April 5th, 2008, 1:08 pm
Real Name:Jenn G
Location:Albany Park, Chicago, IL
Contact:

Re: Newsletter Feedback

Post by Jenn » September 3rd, 2013, 7:53 am

BakriClovenhoof wrote:Your newsletter looks good I like the way it is set up. Aside from that tho I am sorry to hear about your new obligations and Inability to devote the time you'd like to your club. I can tell that this organization means a lot to you. I understand tho about not having the time to do the things you'd rather be doing as I too am going thru that.. Working a lousy job for minimum wage :( but on the upside I am starting school soon for animation.... Which will take up even more of my precious little time ^~*!! But in a good way... Anyways if there is anything I can do to help, please let me know I will do what I am able to.
Thank you.

If you would like to discuss what you would like to do to help keep JAPC going, please do so in the The status of things here discussion so I can track the discussion there.

thanks
-- Jenn --
:blackmage: Black Mage of Stabbity Death & JAPC Founder, Owner, President, Publisher and resident Yōkai.
kisekinohana.net - My Anime List - Tumblr
Probably the oldest member of the ST☆RISH fanclub.
Despite what you may think, or how girly they look, yes they ARE GUYS.

Post Reply
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable