Ladies' Choice Night?

This forum is for ideas being thrown out there with not solid plan. ("I'd really like to see a Moe Day" or "I would like to meet at Mitsuwa sometime" - notice how there is no mention of a date or time.) Tell us what you think! Give feedback on various aspects of JAPC or report an issue with the website or forums.
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
shaderoberts82
White Belt (rookie)
White Belt (rookie)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Ladies' Choice Night?

Post by shaderoberts82 » November 15th, 2014, 2:34 pm

I was thinking, since members who show up to meetings tend to be predominantly male, if we could host a seperate meeting but for girls? Kind of like a girls' night with all the anime we bring being catered to ladies. Of course, guys can come too as long as they know what they are in for ^^; . Let me know what you all think!

ShadowsKiss
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Ladies' Choice Night?

Post by ShadowsKiss » November 15th, 2014, 2:46 pm

That sounds really interesting. The biggest problem we have though is a place to host a second meeting.
For now, you can suggest it for the monthly theme and you can bring something more girl-themed to the potlucks C:

shaderoberts82
White Belt (rookie)
White Belt (rookie)

Post by shaderoberts82 » November 15th, 2014, 3:45 pm

I was going to suggest, perhaps, my place but we will see if people are interested enough

ShadowsKiss
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Post by ShadowsKiss » November 15th, 2014, 10:27 pm

shaderoberts82 wrote:I was going to suggest, perhaps, my place but we will see if people are interested enough
I think that will be really good then if you can host! C:
Maybe you can make an announcement at the next anime meeting.
I would direct you to post here, if you want more feedback.
That way more people might see it and you can get things started to plan a meeting C:

Jenn
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post by Jenn » November 21st, 2014, 12:09 am

That's a great idea Sue. I kind of did something like this a few years ago, a "Bishounen Day". I think it went over quite well, and gave the ladies in the group a chance to enjoy some pretty boy/shounen ai anime without having to worry about negative commentary from the guys.

I think we are well overdue for another one!

If you would be willing to host this in your home, do let me know via PM, and I'll give you details about hosting.
-- Jenn --
:blackmage: Black Mage of Stabbity Death & JAPC Founder, Owner, President, Publisher and resident Yōkai.
kisekinohana.net - My Anime List - Tumblr
Probably the oldest member of the ST☆RISH fanclub.
Despite what you may think, or how girly they look, yes they ARE GUYS.

Jenn
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post by Jenn » November 21st, 2014, 12:14 am

ShadowsKiss wrote:
shaderoberts82 wrote:I was going to suggest, perhaps, my place but we will see if people are interested enough
I think that will be really good then if you can host! C:
Maybe you can make an announcement at the next anime meeting.
I would direct you to post here, if you want more feedback.
That way more people might see it and you can get things started to plan a meeting C:

Don't post it in the local events, that's for general public meetups at events, festivals, etc.

This is the right place to post an event suggestion...

I think talking about this at a meeting would be the best way to gather interest. People are lame and don't check the forum often.
-- Jenn --
:blackmage: Black Mage of Stabbity Death & JAPC Founder, Owner, President, Publisher and resident Yōkai.

Hinas
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Post by Hinas » November 23rd, 2014, 7:33 pm

Aw, that sounds fun! Dedicate a whole day to girly anime and activities without having to worry about the boys' commentary. It would also be fun to include activities such as anime themed jewelry making or baking, depending on where the meeting is hosted. Of course, it's difficult for me to get out since I live so far away and I have so much work. So it's likely that even though I would love for this idea to happen, I wouldn't be able to make it to these sort of meets.

Jenn
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post by Jenn » November 23rd, 2014, 8:20 pm

Hinas wrote:Aw, that sounds fun! Dedicate a whole day to girly anime and activities without having to worry about the boys' commentary. It would also be fun to include activities such as anime themed jewelry making or baking, depending on where the meeting is hosted. Of course, it's difficult for me to get out since I live so far away and I have so much work. So it's likely that even though I would love for this idea to happen, I wouldn't be able to make it to these sort of meets.
All sounds very awesome, but a bummer that you would not be able to attend.
-- Jenn --