Alexandra Harper has created an event on facebook, planning a cosplay flash mob. To RSVP and participate in the planning of the flash mob, please visit the Facebook Event Page
Saturday, July 30 · 12:00pm – 6:00pm
Millennium Park, Chicago (In front of the Jelly Bean)
201 East Randolph Street
Chicago, IL 60601-6530
This idea came to me just a few days ago, and I thought that for anyone who enjoys cosplaying, would enjoy getting out their best cosplays and flaunting them in a fun and friendly manner outside of convention life. So, a cosplay flash mob? It’s original, its different and no one is going to be expecting this. So what better way to end the summer than getting cosplayers together and doing a fun and harmless flash mob?
I’ve decided to do it at the end of July, to give people time to take the day off of work and have time to gather up cosplays and do other necessary things. I would have hated to have this done last minute, as im sure you all would’ve too! I’ve also done it early so if anyone has to work in the evening, or do other things at a later time, it won’t conflict with our plan :).
Arrive in front of the big metallic jelly bean around 10-15 minutes earlier, socialize, talk, etc. At exactly 12, everyone freezes in place in whatever anime like pose they desire; fighting stance, glomp, running away, etc. Hold that pose for 5 minutes. Of course no talking or responding to the bystanders. After the 5 minutes, Caramelldansen music will be playing and we’ll all unfreeze and gather in a big huddled group and do the caramel dance and end the flashmob there. AND/OR There is also the option of doing another dance as well. Like these people here:
These group of fans from Germany have inspired me to start this up, and Im sure many of you would like to try something like this!
THINGS TO KEEP IN MIND:
Seeing as Millennium park is a huge tourist attraction (thus the reason of doing the flashmob there lol) be prepared for possible videos and or photography. Im sure there will be people wanting to take photographs. All the more fun right? Hahah.
IS IT OKAY TO DO THIS?
I’ve done some research and for the most part I can assure that this is legal to do. So long as we don’t break out into riots and violence and the such, the authorities should have no trouble with this. We’re only freezing and dancing, really. Oh and socializing. Socializing is also important! Ive also chosen a place that is big enough so that we don’t disturb or get in the way of tourists walking around and such.
– Feel free to bring props if you’d like!
– If you have any other ideas you’d like to put in, don’t hesitate! All ideas are welcome!
– Let’s keep things at a Pg 13 level; wanna make sure we make an awesome impression to the authorities!!
– Respect each other and avoid conflict! This is supposed to be fun :]
– If anyone you know does videos or photography, and would like to be part of this, they’re always welcomed to come join!
– Even is for all ages; if you’ve got a little bro or sis who want to come with you, just dress em up and they can tag along!
– COSPLAY IS HIGHLY ENCOURAGED (it being a cosplay flash mob). Want to join, but don’t have the time for a cosplay? NOT TO WORRY! Put on a pair of kitty ears or anything with a semblance of a costume and you’re good to go!
– PLEASE SPREAD THE WORD AROUND AND INVITE YOUR ANIME CLUB MEMBERS, FRIENDS, FAMILY, ANYONE WHO WANTS TO BE PART! MY GOAL WOULD BE TO GET 50-100 + PEOPLE! IT’D BE AWESOME TO SEE THE LOOK ON PEOPLE’S FACES!
– POINT BEING: LET’S HAVE A GOOD TIME AND HAVE FUN!
If there are any comments, ideas, criticisms, and virtual tomatoes getting ready to be thrown my direction, don’t hesitate to have your opinion be heard! Message me or post on the event wall if there is anything you’d like to ask/know.